Our 2021 and 2020 Overnight Camps were cancelled until further notice due to COVID-19. Due to new regulations, we are considering a camp in the last week of August 2021.
Previous year’s Overnight Film Camps have been a great success. It has been a terrific way to end the summer and we hope to start up again in 2022!
- Filmmaking (we are bringing cameras and computers for editing)
- Campfires and Songs
- Games – Indoor and Outside
- Swimming (we will have a lifeguard)
- Great Food (we will have a cook – all meals are in the “mess hall”)
Location: Kiwanis Sunshine Point Camp (see photo collage) – 955 County Rd 50, Harrow, ON N0R 1G0
This is a great opportunity to hone skills and focus while enjoying camp life and a week away from home at the end of the summer. All filming is done on-site – in other words, no one leaves the camp once dropped off by parents and/or guardians.
Youth are dropped on after dinner on Sunday (7:00 PM to 9:00 PM EST) – the evening before camp. Return on the Friday of that same week at 4:30 PM EST to see the movies!
Carpooling can be arranged. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Items to Pack:
- Flashlight with Batteries
- Water Bottle (for outside – you can fill it at camp)
- Umbrella and/or Poncho
- Closed Toe Shoes / Sneakers
- Hygiene Items – soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, etc.
- Sunscreen, Bug Spray, Bandaids
- Bath Towels /Facecloth
- Swim Towel / Swimsuit
- Flipflops for Pool and Shower
- Sleepwear, Socks/Slippers, Pillow, Bed Linens and/or Sleeping Bag
- About 7 Sets of Clothing
- Sweatshirt and Long Pants for Evenings (due to weather and/or to protect from bugs)
- Favourite Snacks (no nuts)
- Personal Cameras (we have cameras for filmmaking projects)