This fall, we are offering group filmmaking over 2 weekends – FREE to families who cannot afford the $100 tuition or who want to try our on-line camp for the first time.
Our summer 2020 on-line program was similar to our very successful day program that we have been offering since 2013. We offered 3 hour classes over 5 days vs our 7 hours per day boot camps, and this turned out to be a great model for moving forward.
Participants were asked to engage their creativity off-line, classes were live and interactive, and movies were made! The films were shot by the participants in their homes, neighbourhoods and personal environments using cameras, phones and iPads. Depending upon the script, family members were asked to join in the fun!
- Day 1: Review Screenplay Writing; Agree on Script, Write Script, Storyboard Scenes
- Day 2: Finalize Script; Assign Shots, Rehearse Script
- Day 3: Review Shots; Begin Editing
- Day 4: Finish Editing as well as Colour and Sound Editing; Add Music
SUMMER REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- Over two weekends – four days; 12 noon to 4:00 pm
- October 17, 18, 31 and Nov 1
- November 14, 15, 21, 22
- Student/Teacher Ratio: 4 students per class max /2 min, with 1 Instructor (with an assistant as needed); using our Zoom accounts, we are able to run multiple classes at the same time
- Students are encouraged to bring a snack and beverage to class
- Length of Class: 3 hours of class for 5 days (to view films made this summer visit Facebook.com/filmcampforkids/)
- Students need access to a camera or a phone/tablet with a camera
- Sign up for as many weeks as you wish (each week groups write a different script so each class is different)
- Youth with special needs may have their parent/guardian or social worker on the ZOOM call with them
TIPS FOR FILMMING AT HOME WITH A PHONE, CAMERA OR TABLET AFTER GROUP WORK
Also see our Tutorial Video:
At check-out, note the age group that you wish to register for.
- 9-11 (8 if turn 9 by September)
- 12-14 (15 if turn 15 in 2020)
- 15-17 (18 if returning to high school)
DATES TO CHOSE FROM
At check-out, note ALL of the dates that you wish to register for. The cost is $125 for the first week and $100 for each additional week. We plan to keep each class to a maximum of 4 participants.
- Weekly from July 6 to August 28
- Note: August 10-14 (English and French Classes)
- Since school is starting, Small Group Filmmaking classes after this date are TBA. On-site and virtual weekend filmmaking classes may be possible, depending upon covid guidelines.
Bios to be posted soon; all are graduates of the University of Windsor’s Communications, Film and Media program. The Instructor cannot be specified unless special request is made to the camp email: email@example.com.
- Haley LaBute (9:30 am-12:30 pm)
- Jacob Skyzypa (9:30-12:30 pm)
- Samantha Ainsworth (12 noon -3 pm)
- Sikandar Saleem (12 noon-3 pm)
- Aaron Fauteau for Francophone Camp – Aug 10-14