Our summer 2020 on-line program is similar to our very successful day program that we have been offering since 2013. However, with 3 hour classes vs our 7 hours per day boot camps, participants are asked to engage their creativity off-line. Classes are live and interactive.
Because of the nature of virtual teaching, Instructors do more of the editing than in our day camps. The films are shot by the participants in their homes, neighbourhoods and personal environments using cameras, phones and iPads. Depending upon the script, family members may be asked to join in the fun! Parents (or older students) need to email video footage to the camp on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, using the instructions provided.
We are looking at hosting small day camps in Fall 2020.
- Monday morning: Script Writing
- Tuesday morning: Agree on Final Script and Storyboard Scenes; Assign Shots
- Wednesday Morning: Discuss Filmmaking Homework; Review Shots; Begin Editing
- Thursday Morning: Review Edits; Insert New Shots; Continue Editing
- Friday Morning: Finish Colour and Sound Editing; Add Music
- 9:30 am – 12:30 pm OR 12 noon – 3 pm (3 hours of group work per day)
- Monday through Friday
- Student/Teacher Ratio: 4 students per class (2 min) / 1 Instructor (classes may also have an Assistant Instructor)
- Length of Class: 3 hours of class for 5 days (to view films made this summer visit Facebook.com/filmcampforkids/)
- $125 for week one
- $100 for additional weeks
- E-transfer or cheques are preferred methods of payment; PayPal is available for an extra 3% at check-out (our cost)
- Limited bursaries are available with a referral from a charity
- Students need access to a camera or a phone/tablet with a camera
- Sign up for as many weeks as you wish (each week groups write a different script so each class is different)
- Youth with special needs may have their parent/guardian or social worker on the ZOOM call with them
TIPS FOR FILMMING AT HOME WITH A PHONE, CAMERA OR TABLET AFTER GROUP WORK
Also see our Tutorial Video:
At check-out, note the age group that you wish to register for.
- 9-11 (8 if turn 9 by September)
- 12-14 (15 if turn 15 in 2020)
- 15-17 (18 if returning to high school)
DATES TO CHOSE FROM
At check-out, note ALL of the dates that you wish to register for. The cost is $125 for the first week and $100 for each additional week. We plan to keep each class to a maximum of 4 participants.
- Weekly from July 6 to August 28
- Note: August 10-14 (English and French Classes)
- Since school is starting, Small Group Filmmaking classes after this date are TBA. On-site and virtual weekend filmmaking classes may be possible, depending upon covid guidelines.
Bios to be posted soon; all are graduates of the University of Windsor’s Communications, Film and Media program. The Instructor cannot be specified unless special request is made to the camp email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Haley LaBute (9:30 am-12:30 pm)
- Jacob Skyzypa (9:30-12:30 pm)
- Samantha Ainsworth (12 noon -3 pm)
- Sikandar Saleem (12 noon-3 pm)
- Aaron Fauteau for Francophone Camp – Aug 10-14