Small Group Filmmaking Classes
Our summer 2020 on-line program will be similar to our very successful day program that we have been offering since 2013. However, with 3 hour classes vs our 7 hours per day boot camps, participants will be asked to engage their creativity off-line. Because of the nature of virtual teaching, Instructors will need to do more of the editing than in our day camps. The films will also be shot by the participants in their homes, neighbourhoods and personal environments using cameras, phones and iPads. Depending upon the script, family members may be asked to join in the fun! Parents (or older students) will need to be able to email video footage to the camp on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, using the instructions provided.
We are looking at hosting small day camps later in the summer.
- Monday morning: Script Writing
- Tuesday morning: Agree on Final Script and Storyboard Scenes; Assign Shots
- Wednesday Morning: Discuss Filmmaking Homework; Review Shots; Begin Editing
- Thursday Morning: Review Edits; Insert New Shots; Continue Editing
- Friday Morning: Finish Colour and Sound Editing; Add Music
- 9:30 am – 12:30 pm (3 hours per day)
- Monday through Friday
- Student/Teacher Ratio: 4 students per class (2 min) / 1 teacher (classes may have an Assistant Instructor)
- Length of Class: 3 hours of class for 5 days
- $125 for week one
- $100 for additional weeks
- E-transfer or cheques are preferred methods of payment; PayPal is available for an extra 3% at check-out (our cost)
- Limited bursaries are available with a referral from a charity
- Students need access to a camera or a phone/tablet with a camera
- Students can sign up for as many weeks as they wish (each week the group writes a different script so the class will be different)
- Students with special needs may have their parent/guardian or social worker on the ZOOM call with them
At check-out, note the age group that you wish to register for.
- Ages 9-11 (8 if turn 9 by September)
- Ages 12-14 (15 if turn 15 in 2020)
- Ages 15-17 (18 if returning to high school)
DATES TO CHOSE FROM
At check-out, note ALL of the dates that you wish to register for. The cost is $125 for the first week and $100 for each additional week. We plan to keep each class to a maximum of 4 participants.
- July 6-10
- July 13-17
- July 20-24
- July 27-31
- August 3-7
- August 10-14 (English and French Classes)
- August 17-21
Bios to be posted soon; all are graduates of the University of Windsor’s Communications, Film and Media program. The Instructor cannot be specified unless special request is made to the camp email: email@example.com.
- Ages 9-11 – Samantha Ainsworth
- Ages 11-15 – Aaron Fauteau for Francophone Camp – Aug 10-14
- Ages 12-14 – Haley LaBute
- Ages 12-14 – Sikandar Saleem
- Ages 15-17 – Jacob Skyzypa