Small Group Online
This fall, we are offering group filmmaking over 2 weekends – FREE to families who cannot afford the $100 tuition or who want to try our online camp for the first time.
Our summer 2020 online program was similar to the very successful day program that we have been offering since 2013. We offered 3-hour classes over 5 days vs our 7 hours per day boot camps, and this turned out to be a great model for moving forward.
Participants were asked to engage their creativity off-line, classes were live and interactive, and films were made! The films were shot by participants in their homes, neighbourhoods and personal environments using cameras, phones and iPads. Depending on the script, family members were asked to join the fun!
- Day 1: Review Screenplay Writing; Agree on Script, Write Script, Storyboard Scenes
- Day 2: Finalize Script; Assign Shots, Rehearse Script
- Day 3: Review Shots; Begin Editing
- Day 4: Finish Editing as well as Colour and Sound Editing; Add Music
SUMMER REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- Over two weekends – four days; 12 noon to 4:00 pm EST
- October 17, 18, 31 and Nov 1
- November 14, 15, 21, 22
- Student/Teacher Ratio: 4 students per class max /2 min, with 1 Instructor (with an assistant as needed); using our Zoom accounts, we can run multiple classes at the same time
- Students are encouraged to bring a snack and drinks to the classroom
- Length of Class: 3 hours of class for 5 days (to view films made this summer visit Facebook.com/filmcampforkids/)
- Students need access to a camera or a phone/tablet with a camera
- Sign up for as many weeks as you wish (each week groups write a different script so each class is different)
- Youth with special needs may have their parent/guardian or social worker on the ZOOM call with them
TIPS FOR FILMING AT HOME WITH A PHONE, CAMERA OR TABLET AFTER GROUP WORK
Also, see our Tutorial Video:
At check-out, note the age group that you wish to register for.
- 9-11 (8 if turn 9 by September)
- 12-14 (15 if turn 15 in 2020)
- 15-17 (18 if returning to high school)
DATES TO CHOOSE FROM
At check-out, note ALL of the dates that you wish to register for. The cost is $125 for the first week and $100 for each additional week. We plan to keep each class to a maximum of 4 participants.
- Weekly from July 6 to August 28
- Note: August 10-14 (English and French Classes)
- Since school is starting, Small Group Filmmaking classes after this date are TBA. On-site and virtual weekend filmmaking classes may be possible, depending upon covid guidelines.
We will display the bios soon; all are graduates of the University of Windsor’s Communications, Film and Media program. The Instructor cannot be specified if a special request is made to the camp e-mail: email@example.com.
- Haley LaBute (9:30 am-12:30 pm EST)
- Jacob Skyzypa (9:30-12:30 pm EST)
- Samantha Ainsworth (12 noon -3 pm EST)
- Sikandar Saleem (12 noon-3 pm EST)
- Aaron Fauteau for Francophone Camp – Aug 10-14