Because of COVID-19, our Plugged In program is currently offered online.
Youth Instructors available to spend time “online” with seniors, persons with special needs, and grade school children and youth, sharing time making crafts or creating art as well as playing board games together. Arts and craft supplies can be provided as needed.
Staying up to date with the latest technology trends, social platforms and online games can be daunting. ‘Plugged In’ is our initiative to assist seniors with social media and other technology through computers and tablets. Students also teach seniors how to access and use essential online communication, e.g. Facebook and other social media sites seniors are interested in learning more about to stay in touch with family members and friends.
If you, or someone you know is interested in signing up, email us at email@example.com. Tablets are available as needed, for loan on a rotating schedule.
We have multiple zoom accounts so you do not have to pay for an account. The following services are available upon request:
- Board games: Personal time playing on-line Board games with a youth (platform varies depending upon the game)
- Arts and Crafts Instruction: Personal or group craft classes with a youth (zoom platform)
- Social Media Instruction: Personal or group instruction on how to use social media (zoom platform)
- Other special requests by youth or seniors’ groups
Our Youth Instructors:
- Mya Bezaire (1st Year University)
- Hanna Jaglarz (1st Year University)
- Jay Newman (High School)
- Lauren Boss (1st Year University)
- Tayshaun Undao (High School)
- Cassidy James (1st Year University)
Our day program also includes social time, board games and snacks for seniors and youth. We hope to reactivate the program in November 2020, depending on the risk of COVID-19.