Special events are offered throughout the year, some of which are ticketed and others that are free to the public.
First Annual Windsor-Essex Youth Talent Night
Friday March 15th — 7PM
Downtown Mission Theatre (664 Victoria Ave)
$10/ticket + $5 entry fee for participants
WHO CAN SIGN UP?
Ages 18 and under can participate!
Individuals / Duos / Groups
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
To demonstrate your talent, fill out an application HERE. Once we have approved your application, the next thing you have to do is show up the night of the talent show! Participants should show up early at 6:30. You will be given a number, and that will be the order in which you will perform. Be sure to send us any supporting material (music, etc.) by March 8th at the latest.
NOTE: All acts must be approved by Film Camp for Kids & Youth (including choice of song, scene performance, etc.) Acts must be family friendly (i.e. no inappropriate content).
ARE THERE PRIZES?
Yes! There will be a People’s Choice Award which spectators will vote on — so be sure to bring family and friends! The theatre can hold up to 380 seats, and we are expecting around 40 acts.
HOW DO I BUY TICKETS?
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your tickets. Pay via Interac, cash, or cheque.
I DO NOT WANT TO PERFORM, BUT WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER– CAN I?
Yes! We will need volunteers to take tickets, serve refreshments, greet guests, as stagehands, and more!
Music n’ Arts Collide Christmas
We are partnering with artist Paul Murray for a Holiday show!
December 8th, 2018.
Show starts at 7:30
Olde Walkerville Theatre
$30 or VIP for$42
Featuring: Sarah Smith, Paul Murray, Brian Good (of the Good Brothers) and more!
Endless surprises and a visit by Santa too! Canada’s best will take you on a delightfully fun energy-filled journey of paint and song that will leave you spellbound. 8ft canvases are done in minutes in unorthodox ways. Led by US/Canadian Hall of Famer, CCMA, 8x JUNO awarded Brian Good, Canada’s foremost CCMA & JUNO awarded guitarist Wendell Ferguson, internationally celebrated singer Sarah Smith, and international artist Paul Murray. Great for office Christmas parties. New CD’s by Sarah Smith and Brian Good.
VIP tickets include meet n’ greet and Paul Murray art print!
Ticket and painting proceeds to: Film Camp for Kids & Youth, Passing it Forward Project. Auctioned stage paintings proceeds go to Ronald McDonald House and Make-a-Wish Foundation.
Contact us to order group tickets of 10 or more!
Order online HERE!
Introducing our 1st annual REEL Bowl-a-thon Fundraiser. Win prizes by playing games, scoring points and raising pledge money – all in support of our Film Camp for Kids & Youth programming. Donations and corporate sponsorships are encouraged.
WHO CAN PLAY? Anyone can play, and anyone can pledge! Ask friends, family, neighbours, teammates, local businesses and community members, and even sponsor yourself. All proceeds benefit kids enrolled in our camp. For more information or if you have questions, contact us at email@example.com
WHAT/HOW? Put together a team of up to FOUR people – or play on your own and we will place you on a team – to bowl alongside other teams in a fun-filled day to raise money for the Film Camp for Kids & Youth!
WHEN? Registration: November 9th
Bowling: November 16, 6PM to 8PM – SIGN IN opens at 5.
WHERE? REVS Rose Bowl, 2482 Dougall Avenue
Adults – $30 (or FREE with $75+ in pledges)
Student – $25 (or FREE with $50+ in pledges)
Kids (12 and under) – $20 (or FREE with $50+ in pledges)
Cost of games AND shoe rental is included.
- Youth 13-18 who raises the most pledges
- Youth 12 and under who raises the most in pledges
- Person who raises the most pledges (any age)
- Team that raises the most pledges
- Youth 13-18 with the highest score
- Youth 12 and under with the highest score
- Team that scores the most points
- Team with the youngest average age
- Team with the oldest average age
- Team Spirit Award (tip: matching team shirts and group costumes are bonus points)
- Volunteer who recruits the most bowlers
The goal is to raise PLEDGE MONEY (donations), so we encourage you to sign up early and start soon! Final signed pledge sheets must be turned in at the sign-in table the day of the REEL Bowling Benefit. TAX RECEIPTS are available for pledge donations of $20 or more (but NOT for registration). Donation cheques requiring a tax receipt are to be made payable to: Media Arts Community Centre.
DOWNLOAD YOUR PLEDGE SHEET HERE
REGISTER YOUR TEAM HERE
Party in the Garden
- Festivities begin at 6:00 PM
- Tickets: $30 ($15 for students)
- Location: Rino’s Kitchen
- Sponsorships and Donations Appreciated
- Silent Auction
- Hor D’oeuvers
- Cash Bar
- Live Music
Our 5th Annual Oscars Awards Nite
- Our local celebration on March 4, 2018 was a success!
- The night consisted of a contest with prizes, food, silent auctions and a cash bar before a live showing of the OSCARS
- 2019 DATES BTA
- 2018 Oscars Night Promo
FREE Summer Outdoor Movies
- May 20: Mitchell Park — “SING”
June 16: Wigle Park — “Remember the Titans”
June 30: Glengarry Court — “The Book of Life”
- July 28: Bruce Park — Finding Dory
August 26: Dieppe Park — Pirates of the Caribbean
September 1: Forster High School — Honey I Shrunk the Kids
- Festivities Begin: 7:30 PM
- Feature Film: 9:00
- Free to the Public
- Family Movie Nights; All Ages welcome
- Popcorn: $1; Pop ad Water: $1; Chips: $1
- NOTICE: If, due to weather conditions, we are required to postpone any movie nights, the RAIN DATE will automatically be rescheduled to the following night, unless otherwise specified.